Seats left: 45
IBM Cloud Pak for Applications: Move to Microservices with DevOps and Modernization Toolkits
Learn how to develop innovative cloud-native apps using the tools and runtimes of your choice. Modernize traditional applications to run integrated with those new apps. IBM Cloud Pak for Applications offers a complete, end-to-end environment to speed up development of apps built for Kubernetes and access cloud services to enhance innovation, reduce costs and simplify operations – all that while meeting the technology standards and policies of your choice.
Date: April 20 from 9:00 to 17:00 Central European Time
Workshop format: this is a technical workshop with presentations, demos and hands-on exercises.
Audience: technical and business. The first hour is suitable for business audience. After that, we will dive into the technical details.
- have your IBM Cloud account. If you don't have it yet, you can create it for free at ibm.biz/cloud-4-dev
- you will use your laptops to view presentations, demos and perform exercises
Location: this is an online workshop. Participants and instructors will communicate via WebEx video conference.
Registration: to register at this workshop, you must be logged in at this web site using the menu option Login. If you don't have a user ID at this web site yet, create it by clicking on Login, then Sign up (link at the bottom), then check your mailbox to verify your new user ID. Then return to this page and register to the workshop by clicking the Register button at the bottom. You can always see the workshops you are registered at, using the menu option My events. Your registration is confirmed when you receive an e-mail with the link to the WebEx video conference. This confirmation e-mail will be sent at least three days before the workshop or earlier.
Price: this workshop is free of charge for all who register at this web site.
The IBM Cloud Pak for Applications provides an end-to-end, enterprise-specific experience to speed development of apps built for Kubernetes using agile DevOps processes. Modernize your existing applications and develop new cloud-native apps faster in a self-service environment that combines the flexibility of open source tools with continuous compliance and visibility across hybrid environments.
Flexible deployment and integrated modernization toolkits allow you to customize your modernization strategy. You can transition traditional apps to the cloud in a cost-effective way that makes sense for your business. During this workshop, we will highlight some major features such as:
- Containers and Orchestration
- Red Hat OpenShift
- Cluster Management Console
- Private Docker Registry
- Unified User Experience
- Part 1: What is IBM Cloud Pak for Applications (CP4A)?
- Introduction to IBM Cloud Paks
- IBM Cloud Pak for Applications Overview
- Demos: Red Hat OpenShift Overview
- OpenShift Architecture & Components
- OpenShift Topology & Installation
- Lab Prerequisites
- OpenShift lab
- CP4A Architecture & Installation
- Part 2: Developing and Deploying Applications
- Migration from Kubernetes/Helm (Operator)
- Transformation Advisor Demo
- Cloud Native and Microservices Applications
- Kabanero part 1 - Codewind. Codewind lab
- Kabanero part 2 - Appsody
- Appsody lab: DevOps
- Kabanero part 3 - Tekton
- Tekton lab: Monitoring, Logging and Demo
Please Login to register in this event!